Independent Case Review
Independent Case Reviews at AXIS are performed by Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, David Brentnall. This qualification is achieved through successfully passing a rigorous training program and graduating from the Australian College of Physiotherapy.
- Assess and make recommendations about the appropriateness and necessity of current or proposed physiotherapy treatment
- Propose a recommended course of physiotherapy management
- Make recommendations for strategic planning to progress the case. Recommendations relate to treatment goals and steps to achieve those goals, which will assist in a safe and durable return to work
- Recommendations are based on evidence based criteria
- Provide an objective and professional opinion on the worker’s prognosis where this is unclear from the current physiotherapy program
- Provide an opinion and/or recommendation on other criteria as determined by the insurer
- Video-chat case reviews, as well as file reviews are also available.