Persistent musculoskeletal pain is a major social and economic burden to the Australian population. It has been found that 90% of people will experience an episode of back pain in their lifetime and at any one point in time, one in five people will be currently experiencing back pain. The early recognition of signs which are associated with a longer recovery is an important part of managing an episode of pain.
The AXIS Programs assist an individual to manage their musculoskeletal injury with active and positive strategies to achieve improved functional outcomes and a successful return to work. The program incorporates functional, therapeutic and work hardening exercise with a cognitive behavioural approach to pain management.
Key features of the AXIS Program:
- Flexible hours and start dates
- Run part-time and therefore can be in conjunction with the goal of ‘return to work’
- Individual sessions (one-on-one) and tailored to the individual needs of client
- Functional goals to improve physical and work capacity
- Gym membership for 1 month
- Highly experienced and qualified team
The AXIS Program involves evidence based practice with the expert skills of Musculoskeletal and Pain Management Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Occupational Health Physiotherapists. Our facilities include:
- BRISBANE CITY Ground Floor 280 Adelaide Street Brisbane Q
- JINDALEE Inside Goodlife Gym, Level 1, DFO, Centenary Highway Jindalee Q
- MT GRAVATT Inside Goodlife Gym, 2084 Logan Rd, Mount Gravatt Q
- ASPLEY Shop 2, 59 Albany Creek Rd, Aspley (Inside Hypermarket Medical Centre)
- GOLD COAST Level 4, 2 Promethean Way, Robina (Inside Bond Institute of Health and Sport)
- At another gym convenient to you
Access to the AXIS Program:
- Workcover/Insurance patients – please discuss the program with your case manager who can arrange a referral.
- Private Patients – please discuss the program with your GP. Medicare rebates are available if your GP provides you with a referral using the Chronic Disease Management Plan and the Better Access to Mental Health Care Plan. There are additional out of pocket expenses which we can discuss with you.
The AXIS Program offers various levels of intervention as outlined below:
AXIS Functional Rehabilitation Program
This program is conducted by a Physiotherapist for clients who require a structured functional rehabilitation program using a cognitive behavioural approach to upgrade the exercise therapy and to gradually expose the clients to movements, exercises and activities which have been affected by their pain and injury. This program also includes formal pain management education and provides strategies to assist the client to self manage their injury.
Axis Multidisciplinary Functional Rehabilitation Program
This comprehensive program involves the expert skills of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Occupational Health Physiotherapists. The Psychological component involves cognitive/problem-solving strategies for managing pain and disability, planned activity upgrading, relaxation techniques and maintenance/relapse prevention strategies.
AXIS Rural Program
This program is designed for those in rural or remote areas and having difficulty accessing rehabilitation. This comprehensive program which is held in Brisbane (2 to 3 days duration) involves face to face education, exercise and a psychology component to promote improvement in functional capacity and self management of pain and related difficulties. Liaison with the treating Doctor is included as well as access to on-line pain management education.
This assessment is designed to determine future rehabilitation requirements and may include a report with recommendations if requested.
All material in this video is, unless otherwise stated, the property of AXIS Rehabilitation at work. Reproduction or retransmission of the materials, in whole or in part, in any manner, without the prior written consent of AXIS Rehabilitation at work, is a violation of copyright law. Use of this material is solely for personal, non-commercial use. Users may not distribute such copies to others for a charge or other consideration, without prior written consent of AXIS Rehabilitation at work. Contact information for requests for permission to reproduce or distribute materials available via email@example.com